Free movie editor for Window 10

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have a Sony camera. When I used Window Vista, I can use Window Movie Maker to edit my moves. After I have updated to Window 10, The Window Movie Maker is not part of the Window 10. So far, I have not be able to find any movie editor yet. Does anybody know any free movie editor that will work on Window 10? Thanks in advance.

I just realized I hadn't gotten back into this before now. Try free windows video editor - Google Search for some URLs to free video editors. I don't know them myself, but they all seem to be free, so experimenting will only cost time.
I have tried to download those free movie editor on Window 10. For some reason, it doesn't work on Window 10 when I was in Texas. I'm a California now and I use Window 7 here. I like Window 7 much better than Window 10.

I have tried to download those free movie editor on Window 10. For some reason, it doesn't work on Window 10 when I was in Texas. I'm a California now and I use Window 7 here. I like Window 7 much better than Window 10.

Yep, we are still using that where I work. But when I got my latest laptop it had Windows 8. That wasn't so bad except for those silly tiles. I also had to continuously guard against being gifted Windows 10.

I am sure you have the knowledge to do so, have you considered Virtual Box and adding Linux? There are a lot of free video editors. At least one of them should suite your purposes.

It's not free, but I've recently actually started using Magix Movie Editor (I've owned it for a few months, but never got around to using it). It's about $40, and has many more bells and whistles than I'm likely to use.

Adobe Premiere has a free trial but once you exceed that there is still a good amount of features which you are able to use.

Back