Favorite Christmas Carol

• Thread starter MartialArtsChic
  • Start date
M

MartialArtsChic

As I was forced to wake up this morning when the alarm went off, after a few seconds of "oh, crap, time for work", I realized that the alarm was blaring Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You", which was cause for another "oh, crap" since I don't really like Mariah Carey.

So, tell me:

What's your favorite Christmas Carol?

Mine has been and always will be Little Drummer Boy!

Lorrie

"Grandma got ran over by a reindeer", by Elmo and Patsy. :D

'Do you hear what I hear?' Closely followed by 'Silent Night' and 'Oh Holy Night'. Enya sings an awesome version of 'Silent Night' in her native language that gives me chills!!

Least favorite.........definitely 'Ringing of the Bells' I think is the name of it........it makes me feel frantic!!

:asian: :karate:

Originally posted by MartialArtsChic

Mine has been and always will be Little Drummer Boy!

Agreed.

Mine is mainly for Religious reasons.

"I am a poor boy too, I have no gift to bring That's fit to give our King... I played my drum for Him I played my best for Him... Then He smiled at me"

It all reminds me that even tho I may not be a "perfect christian" by any means and that I am not worthy of his love... not fit to stand before the king, he still loves me.

Originally posted by MartialArtsChic
Mine has been and always will be Little Drummer Boy

That is a classic. I remember seeing footage of Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing it, and it was quite nice. Evidently Bing had no idea who Bowie was, but his kids really liked him, so he agreed to do it. He definitely looked at David kind of strangely, but once he started to sing, old Bing seemed OK about it. ;)

Technopunk -

I liked your interpretation of the song; it definitely puts it in a nice perspective.

Originally posted by Technopunk
Agreed.

"I am a poor boy too, I have no gift to bring That's fit to give our King... I played my drum for Him I played my best for Him... Then He smiled at me"

It all reminds me that even tho I may not be a "perfect christian" by any means and that I am not worthy of his love... not fit to stand before the king, he still loves me.

This is one of the reasons for me too. The words are just incredible.

Bob Seger does a rendition that just moves me beyond belief. You can tell this is his favorite too. If you ever get a chance to listen to it, you'll be pleased with the way he does it.

Grandpa got run-over by a beer-truck

But seriously...
Temptations singing Silent Night
And any other MOTOWN artist singing Christmas carols...

Anyone remember Cheech and Chong's story about Santa Claus?
(oh yeah I played with that dude!)

Back