Exploring the Mystical Roots of Shaolin Kung Fu: Connections to Sufism

Looking at the OP I just noticed something based on English definitions....

Sham - a thing that is not what it is purported to be.
Captain Sham?
1719865679291.png

...OK, seriously, Sham is apparently a legit name used in Arabic speaking countries and refers to the region of Syria. ;)

what the heck is Quinna? Never heard of it in over 50 years of martial arts and over 30 of that in CMA
Qi'n na or Chin Na is the art of seizing and locking. One of the key concepts is locking a chain of joints, not just one. While many arts utilize joint locks, Chin Na is an entire art in itself. My knowledge of this is from Zhao Da Yuan's book, Practical Chin Na. He was the chief martial arts instructor at the Beijing police officer's academy.

Unlike the aikido that the OP's ref'd web page compares it to, controlling without harming, Qi'n Na is capable of massive damage. This leads me to believe this Koom MA thing is some packaged product not to be taken seriously.

My impression is that this art is the real deal, going into great depth of human body structure and capable of real combat application. If there was one art I could master in addition to karate, this would be it.

Qi'n na or Chin Na is the art of seizing and locking. One of the key concepts is locking a chain of joints, not just one. While many arts utilize joint locks, Chin Na is an entire art in itself. My knowledge of this is from Zhao Da Yuan's book, Practical Chin Na. He was the chief martial arts instructor at the Beijing police officer's academy.

Unlike the aikido that the OP's ref'd web page compares it to, controlling without harming, Qi'n Na is capable of massive damage. This leads me to believe this Koom MA thing is some packaged product not to be taken seriously.

My impression is that this art is the real deal, going into great depth of human body structure and capable of real combat application. If there was one art I could master in addition to karate, this would be it.
I know what Qinna is, I've trained a bit. I don't know what Quinna (and that is the spelling on the site) is and per the description on the site, I still don't know what Quinna is.... because it most certainly does not describe qinna

Last edited:
I know what Qinna is, I've trained a bit. I don't know what Quinna (and that is the spelling on the site) is and per the description on the site, I still don't know what Quinna is.... because it most certainly does not describe qinna
I agree that the web site, aside from not knowing how to spell it (though Romanizing Chinese is tricky) I agree the site doesn't accurately describe the true art of qi'n na. As I said, I suspect the web site is a commercial product for the uninformed. There's a good chance the site's poster is uninformed with the art as well.

Qi'n na or Chin Na is the art of seizing and locking.
It’s romanized as qin na (Pinyin), or ch’in na (Wade-Giles).
Most anglophones drop the apostrophes when using Wade-Giles, though doing so can remove the distinction between ch’i (vital energy) and chi (extreme or polarity), for example. In Pinyin, those two concepts are romanized as qi and ji, respectively, retaining the distinction.

Carry on!

I agree that the web site, aside from not knowing how to spell it (though Romanizing Chinese is tricky) I agree the site doesn't accurately describe the true art of qi'n na. As I said, I suspect the web site is a commercial product for the uninformed. There's a good chance the site's poster is uninformed with the art as well.
There is a video in the site showing this whatever it is. Also not Qinna or aikido

Back