DIY Advice

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a temporary fix. I have the hole in some verbally, fixed chipboard into which were hinges were screwed to hold a cupboard door.
DAAD1DEB-D447-4B27-BE73-9FCB42FCECE0.jpeg

I thought the baking soda/superglue trick would work a treat as I could screw into the plugs of the set mixture and they’d be strong enough to hold the door (there are six such hole). But of course the holes are in a vertical piece of chipboard. Any suggestions as to how I can pour baking soda and then very fluid cyanoacrylate into the holes without the former just pouring out? It doesn’t have to be neat looking.

There are YouTube videos on this. You will need to use a straight edge to draw a square around all of the damage, and then cut the square out. Then you take that square, and trace it onto a new sheet of drywall, and cut that that out. You put the new square in, following the instructions in the video using the plaster.

Not sure i have the skill to do that accurately enough, hence the NaHCO3 and superglue!

I’ve made a sling with Scotch tape around the hole and filled it with bicarbonate. Now I just need to dribble some superglue into it.
31BF847F-DAEA-44E6-BE63-F8E37E702B7A.jpeg

Any reason you’re avoiding using wood filler? Some wood fillers would probably be stronger than the pressboard.

If it’s a bigger hole (hard to tell how big that is), I’d probably use a dowel. Drill it out, tap a dowel in kind of like a cork with some carpenters glue, saw it flush… give it a quick sand.

Back