Competitive yoga might be a stretch, but it's for real

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

The upcoming mixed martial arts matchup at the Rogers Centre is costing rabid fight fans $800, but for just eight bucks sports enthusiasts can enjoy a different type of UFC - the "ultimate flexibility championship." That's right folks: rock 'em, sock 'em, high-adrenaline, competitive .
Full story: The Toronto Star

I dunno....competition yoga just sounds weird.

Then again, if Trish Stratus is involved I might check out the PPV :D

Oh yeah, this guy and his wife who own a yoga studio near where I worked out on Long Island mentioned something about competitive yoga to me once. I let it pass without comment, just assuming it's more westerners playing around with yoga without really understanding that it's much more than working out.

I know it is bad of me but pretty women demonstating just how bendy they are is a lot more attractive to me as a spectator than sweaty men grappling in a ball on the floor :D.

Competitive yoga sounds somewhat oxymoronic.

Like when my hapkido teacher tells me I must relax for the technique to properly flow and I respond, "I'm relaxing as hard as I can, Sir."

I know it is bad of me but pretty women demonstating just how bendy they are is a lot more attractive to me as a spectator than sweaty men grappling in a ball on the floor :D.

LOLOL that's not TOO bad of you man...I can DEFINITELY feel where you're coming from!

Here you go :D

asian-yoga.jpg

W020100723362976720289.jpg

I have heard about competition yoga before and on some of the yoga sites I have been on it sounds as if it is not taken too seriously by most serious yoga practitioners

Inner peace...

Inner peace...

LOOK AT HER BEND!

oop!

Inner peace....

Inner peace...

Back