Club Advice

Footie

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and I was just wondering if anyone could please give me some advice?
I'm currently a member of a Jiu Jitsu club, and I'm looking at joining another club that has more of a focus on striking so that I can hopefully become more well rounded.
I've narrowed it down to either a local kickboxing club or a Kyokushin Karate one, but I can't seem to make a final decision on which one to choose.
I really like what I've seen of Kyokushin, but they don't seem to hit above the chest, which seems like it could be a problem, so I was wondering if the kickboxing school might be the better one.
It's not really about competition at all, it's about feeling more confident when it comes to self defense.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.

Spend some time at each school. Pay attention to the beginning to advance progression. Ask questions.

they don't seem to hit above the chest, ... Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
Old saying said, "If you don't hit at your opponent's head, you may have to fight him from sun raise until sun set."

Old saying also said, "If you don't sweep your opponent's leg, you are too kind to your opponent and too cruel to yourself."

Last edited:
Go to the closest one for six months. Then go to the next closest one for six months.

Repeat if necessary.

Thank you for all of your replies and suggestions, I'll try them both out for a while and see how I go.

Thank you again.

Latest Discussions

Back