Chrome Book?

Ok, my guys surprised me with a Chrome Book. Wasn't the cheap one I had looked at, but a step up (Samsung, not sure the number)

And I am struggling to unlock the docs. I 'think' I got it, but I won't find out until tomorrow night when I am not near my WiFi hotspot. This sneaky little beast keeps logging itself on whenever I click something....might be too smart for me....I shall see, I am sure if I stop using it, the Kid will shanghai it with no problems. (I am such a PC gal...) :uhohh::rolleyes:

I write everything for my class in google docs on my windows PC. Took me a whole 2 minutes to get used to it. I hadn't used a word processing program in years other than notepad. It's surprisingly rich in features for a free program. I have written things in it offline without problem. You will pick it up quick.

Another really nice thing is that I have pulled up something I created on my PC on my smart phone and from my phone printed it on a wireless printer. As long as you eventually hit a wifi spot and upload to google drive (it should default to doing that), you can access you files from anywhere, even if you don't have your chromebook.

I write everything for my class in google docs on my windows PC. Took me a whole 2 minutes to get used to it. I hadn't used a word processing program in years other than notepad. It's surprisingly rich in features for a free program. I have written things in it offline without problem. You will pick it up quick.

The PC seems to deal with it just fine, the Chrome Book needs to comply though...
I need it to work offline, because I'll be on the plane for 8 hours...in the airport for a few more, etc...I might not at all write anything then, but I would hate to be stung by the creative bug and having to rely on pen and paper...had that a while back, and I got only halfway done and that was all she (I, I suppose) wrote...plus I still have to put it in the computer... sigh...

took it with me to a net free zone, seems to work.
Now onto transferring files. :)

It's still a bit of a learning curve.

I am getting the hang of it, figuring out where my offline files hide, etc.
At my mom's I had WiFi, so all options were open, at my dad's I saw about ten hotspots, but non seemed to be him, I think he has his computer still plugged into the net the old fashioned way. (but there has to be some connection, since my sister uses er tablet to g on youtube, across the street though)

So far - until I am going to rip my hair out again when I try to transfer from Chrome Book to PC - I think I am doing ok.

Thanks everybody.

Back