Cat survives 19 hours in Freezer

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A south Waikato family's cat has survived 19 hours in a freezer.
The cat, Krillen, was found by owner Sarah Crombie, 27, lying stiff and semi-conscious on a bag of dog food when she went to get a loaf of bread out of the freezer.
"I was looking in there and I heard this funny noise," the Te Kuiti mother-of-two told the Herald on Sunday .
"It was sort of a 'miaow' but he was so half-frozen he couldn't get the noise out properly, poor thing. So I look down and I see this grey fluffy thing sitting on top of the bag of dog food under a rack."
Her partner Sid Sisson had shut the top-loading freezer the night before, not realising the cat was inside.
Fortunately, Mr Sisson, 28, knew it was essential to raise the body temperature of hypothermia sufferers slowly. So he put the cat under his shirt and got into bed with him.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/6231790/cat-survives-19-hours-in-freezer/

Hmm, wouldn't putting the cat in the microwave been faster? :lol:

On defrost of course :rolleyes: .......

Reminds me of an old girlfriend...nah, won't go there....:supcool:

That is surprising that the cat survived that long in the freezer. I think that cat is all out of lives now.

That is surprising that the cat survived that long in the freezer. I think that cat is all out of lives now.

lol! I was just gonna say one life down, eight to go!

Glad they found the little kitteh before it was too late.

I can actually see this happening. I had a kitten who would jump into drawers, even the refrigerator. He once climbed into a neighbour's van while he was trying to pack for a trip to Florida. Many years later he went missing for several weeks -- he was older, so we thought he might have gone someplace to die, or perhaps he had been run over.

All of a sudden we get a phone call from a shelter about an hour north of the city. They had picked up our cat as a stray and scanned the microchip. Our best guess is that he jumped into the car of someone who was heading to cottage country for the weekend and then got loose at the other end.

Latest Discussions

Back