Calcium Supplement Question

lenjee

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking into taking calcium supplements and wanted to get some advice.

I know calcium is important for bone health, but I’m not sure how much I should be taking.

I already get some from my diet, like dairy and leafy greens, but I'm wondering if I need a supplement to meet the daily requirement.

Also, should I be concerned about interactions with other supplements, like magnesium or vitamin D?

Any specific brands or types (calcium carbonate vs. citrate) that you recommend?

I'd appreciate any tips or personal experiences!

Hey everyone,

I know calcium is important for bone health, but I’m not sure how much I should be taking.

I already get some from my diet, like dairy and leafy greens, but I'm wondering if I need a supplement to meet the daily requirement.

Also, should I be concerned about interactions with other supplements, like magnesium or vitamin D?

Any specific brands or types (calcium carbonate vs. citrate) that you recommend from etna wellness sito ufficiale?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey everyone,

Any specific brands or types (calcium carbonate vs. citrate) that you recommend?

Kudos for including dairy and leafy greens in your diet!

Are you or your doctor seeing a bone issue? Is your training particularly rough on bones or other body parts? If you are getting a decent amount and don't have any specific issues then I would suggest not worrying about it just yet. There's nothing wrong with supplements, but like many things, the more we see them the more we think we need them.

If you do have a need for a calcium supplement, I'd suggest talking to local power lifters and see what they suggest. They tend to have done more of the research, or listen to those who do the research. Not always, but it can save you a lot of time. I get my supplement recommendations from a friend; a 50+ former military lifter who recently did a 600+ pound dead lift. :)

Latest Discussions

Back