Bobby Taboada's World Balintawak International Summer Camp 2010

The system is what they used europe. As you said same model.
Screenshot_20220920-081852_Chrome.jpg

Kernsprecht has changed it slightly, shape & colours but it was exactly the same. It's the same System.
Screenshot_20220920-082622_Chrome.jpg

good to see it slower broken down. Old guy moves so fast in some videos. :)

Last edited:
check out this old 8mm Film...dude with a cigarette & stick...😁 dig the Funky muscic too !

actually it wasn´t so unusual too see smoking ..etc at a practice. The old 8mm film reminded me of this interview with Rene Latosa. He talks about it @ the 15:30 mark

a shorter stick ..interesting. Serrada escrima. would seem a good system for someone carrying a small baton.

I think "Bobby" would be a great guy to train with.

If you can train with Manong Bobby, I would recommend it.

I have always enjoyed our conversations and being on the same bills or traveling in the PI a group and having him meet us at an Airport. :D
Good Guy and lots of fun besides the good training.

If you can train with Manong Bobby, I would recommend it.

I have always enjoyed our conversations and being on the same bills or traveling in the PI a group and having him meet us at an Airport. :D
Good Guy and lots of fun besides the good training.
Yeah seems a good guy to talk to after training. A no nonsense sort of guy but seems very humble too.

@ Rich Parsons ... what is your opinions on Latosa escrima?

@ Rich Parsons ... what is your opinions on Latosa escrima?
As I have stated before ( I believe ) , I do not have a lot of experience with this system. Minimal interaction with a few people who trained some in it.

See all the weasel words - I know crap officially about that system.

I hope my lack of knowledge can let you know something new :D

As I have stated before ( I believe ) , I do not have a lot of experience with this system. Minimal interaction with a few people who trained some in it.

See all the weasel words - I know crap officially about that system.

I hope my lack of knowledge can let you know something new :D
Rich do you have your own school or a few people that you train?

Rich do you have your own school or a few people that you train?
Pre-COVID - I had a few regular private students and a Class (Rented Space) . I also taught at seminars and camps.
During - When possible connect with a couple of core students (* One who still had to travel for work *) and Police when they wanted to ask some what if questions.
Post (Ish) I have had a bad and busy last couple of weeks with a Bonus Daughter Wedding coming and work and other people travelling.

So A few students right now. Seminars and Camps.

Pre-COVID - I had a few regular private students and a Class (Rented Space) . I also taught at seminars and camps.
During - When possible connect with a couple of core students (* One who still had to travel for work *) and Police when they wanted to ask some what if questions.
Post (Ish) I have had a bad and busy last couple of weeks with a Bonus Daughter Wedding coming and work and other people travelling.

lucky people given your experience. Hard to find someone here who really knows properly(without traveling a distance). I used to train with a guy who had a small private group teaching Jeet Kune Do. One other gave lessons in Latosa escrima.

'Bonus Daughter Wedding'. I love that. But of course, it leads to questions :p

'Bonus Daughter Wedding'. I love that. But of course, it leads to questions :p

Step Daughter to means has a slight negative ring or connotation to me.

I am not her Biological father, nor her early mid parentis loci (grandfather) during her early / mid childhood.
It allows me to acknowledge the relationship and to me present it as a positive thing that she is a bonus to my life.
Along with her sister, I have two Bonus children, and their mother as my wife. :)

Back