any good kenpo or kajukenbo schools in san antonio?

Blitz

White Belt
Reaction score
I will be moving to san antonio and i am looking for a place to train when my knee gets healed. Do any of you guys know of any good places to train in the area? i trained in kosho ryu for a couple months and loved it. not sure if its normal for that style but my instructor incorporated some japanese jiu jitsu holds and takedowns. it was awesome. thanks guys.

did some research and saw jeff speakmen has a kenpo 5.0 school in sa. not sure what the 5.0 stands for though, i might go there and watch a class to see what its like. anybody have any experiencies with kenpo 5.0? also saw there is a kajukenbo instructor in the city but couldnt find his website.

I know it's been a couple years, and the OP doesn't seem to have stuck around. But incase this can help anyone else; The Speakman Kenpo 5.0 school is still around as of 2020. I spoke to Hanshi Juchnik in passing (online) and he mentioned there were SKSK Kosho Ryu practitioners in the area, but I never explored that option.
Also, my sensei is giving private lessons in Professor Chow's Kara-Ho Kempo and he has expressed interest in getting more students beyond just me. He is listed on the Kara-Ho website in the San Antonio/Helotes area. Sensei Juan Scott, 4th Degree Black Belt.

Feel free to reach out to me as well!

i would like to learn kajukempo.

Unfortunately, I cant find a Kajukenbo Dojo in the San Antonio area; The nearest one being in Austin. If you want an art in that "vein" that emphasizes effectiveness, there is a Jeff Speakman's Kenpo 5.0 School in town. As much as I love my Sensei and enjoy Kara-Ho Kempo, I honestly think I should've checked out Kenpo 5.0 first.

Back