An election map by color.

PeachMonkey said:
We know that nearly 75% of those who vote Red believe that Hussein was behind 9/11, supported Al-Qaeda, etc.

If insistence on facts, history, and education "seals my party's fate", then I guess I'm doomed never to "be in power".

Yea well um, that's pretty much bunk. After looking at that report, (put together by reps from the finest left leaning colleges) it's 48% thought there were WMD's.

They pose the question with the word "believed" in it and timed the "polling" right after there were announcements, with no indication of whether the people were aware of any reports/findings.

Not that this little tangent has anything to do with how the Dem's handed themselves their own loss because, well, more people in this country don't believe in what they do nor want it forced down their throats via rulings from the bench.

For those wanting to leave, there's some great roadmaps online. Make sure you fill up before crossing the border though. I heare gas is pretty steep au Canada.

michaeledward said:
Red States Feed at the Federal Trough, Blue States supply the Feed.

How can that be, Michael? I thought Blue states were where people abused public services!!! [/sarcasm]

PeachMonkey said:
How can that be, Michael? I thought Blue states were where people abused public services!!! [/sarcasm]

Well, it's all those farmers lying about how many cows they have to feed. :rolleyes:

MisterMike said:
(put together by reps from the finest left leaning colleges)

Can you describe your methodolgy for determining that the report I quoted above was put together by reps from the "finest left leaning colleges"? Is there a list somewhere of the "finest left leaning colleges"? Does this list include the US Naval War College? Thanks.

MisterMike said:
it's 48% thought there were WMD's.

...actually, 47%, and 25% thought Hussein had a major program for WMD's, for a combined figure of 72% of Bush supporters thinking Hussein had WMD's or a major program for them right before the war. Just like I stated in my post, above. How is that bunk?

MisterMike said:
They pose the question with the word "believed" in it and timed the "polling" right after there were announcements, with no indication of whether the people were aware of any reports/findings.

That's what the poll is *about*, Mike... what people believe. There *are* indications in the polls as to whether people were aware of reports... however, they were simply often wrong as to the contents of those reports (more often among Bush supporters than Kerry supporters).

MisterMike said:
Not that this little tangent has anything to do with how the Dem's handed themselves their own loss because, well, more people in this country don't believe in what they do nor want it forced down their throats via rulings from the bench.

Or, quite possibly, that the majority of Americans are simply misinformed about the policies of the administration that they voted for. Given that a majority don't even understand those policies, it's a reasonable conclusion.

MisterMike said:
For those wanting to leave, there's some great roadmaps online. Make sure you fill up before crossing the border though. I heare gas is pretty steep au Canada.

I'm glad to see that we're back to this sort of "love it or leave it" mentality. I'm sure it makes you feel better to imagine that leftists are queueing up to leave the States; then no one would make you worry about facts or history.

Wonder what they think about the whole WMD thing?

Well if they are part of that 75% and they are actually over there I would think they would be pissed about there being no WMD'd but they support the president anyway. Misinformed? Brainwashed?

Well if they are part of that 75% and they are actually over there I would think they would be pissed about there being no WMD'd but they support the president anyway. Misinformed? Brainwashed?

Why would they be more informed than anyone else?? My guess is they're too busy trying to do their jobs to listen to news networks or read commission reports....

Personally, I like the one that has the 'United States of Canada' and 'Jehovahland'....

A woman I met was studiously studying her bible to learn why God had so many people in the red areas vote for Bush. She is convinced there is biblical meaning because "We are in the End Times". I could only walk away and shake my head at the superstitious ignorance of some people.

Its a common occurence among apocalyptics.

They constantly read historical happenings into Bible after they have already occurred. This happened with World War II, the Cold War, 9/11, the War in Iraq, etc.

The dead giveaway is that they only know about those things after they've taken place. Not very good prophecies, neh?? After all, hindsight is 20/20.

Latest Discussions

Back