5 Animal Frolics Qigong

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was, at one time, training it; I got as far as learning the crane (1 down 4 to go). I was wondering if anyone on MT does this form of Qigong and what they think of it?

Gotta say I've not heard of it. Is it really called 5 Animal Frolics? I did some Flying Crane but I don't think it was related.

5 animal frolic one of the oldest and popular Qigong sets.
I have done 2 version of it. There are many versions of this style because of its popularity.

5 animal frolic one of the oldest and popular Qigong sets.
I have done 2 version of it. There are many versions of this style because of its popularity.

I knew it was rather old, I did not know there were different versions but I am not surprised to hear there are, what is your opinion of it?

I think it is a good Qigong exercise. I find it to be in the same catagory of the 8 brocade standing form in that its a general safe form for people to practice. I personally think it is one of the few Qigong forms that children can comprehend and practice.

I think it is a good Qigong exercise. I find it to be in the same catagory of the 8 brocade standing form in that its a general safe form for people to practice. I personally think it is one of the few Qigong forms that children can comprehend and practice.

Thanks.

I do Ba Daun Jin standing and seated (any other qigong I do these days is directly associated with the CMA I train) but I have, for some reason, always been interested in the 5 Animal Frolics. I started learning it (only learned the crane) about a year ago but was not able to continue at that time.

Again thanks
XS

Back