Higgs is Dead

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Ware Higgs who proposed the existence of a particle/field that gives matter itā€™s mass (later referred to as the Higgs boson) has died aged 94.

I was picking up a sword from a friend in Edinburgh in 2017 after heā€™d brought it over from Japan. The place he told me to park was around the corner from his motherā€™s house. While I was waiting, I noticed a ā€˜blue plaqueā€™ on a building. I was curious to see whom it celebratedā€¦I was thrilled since he was a mass-ive intellect šŸ˜‰
9B85F4AB-43DF-4EC9-8FCA-1FCA8F4ED49C.jpeg

001C1EC5-818A-446B-982D-8AD0A7CDD682.jpeg

Fungus

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Doesn't those cables hanging in a ropes next to such a sign seems seem slightly disgraceful - "installed by Higgs in 1929" ?

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Ware Higgs who proposed the existence of a particle/field that gives matter itā€™s mass (later referred to as the Higgs boson) has died aged 94.

I was picking up a sword from a friend in Edinburgh in 2017 after heā€™d brought it over from Japan. The place he told me to park was around the corner from his motherā€™s house. While I was waiting, I noticed a ā€˜blue plaqueā€™ on a building. I was curious to see whom it celebratedā€¦I was thrilled since he was a mass-ive intellect šŸ˜‰
View attachment 30922

View attachment 30923
Very cool!

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't those cables hanging in a ropes next to such a sign seems seem slightly disgraceful - "installed by Higgs in 1929" ?
Well, itā€™s probably somebodyā€™s private home so they can do what they want and most building in central Edinburgh are listed so you canā€™t modify them by drilling holes etc to feed the cable through šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø Anyway, have you seen all the wires hanging out of the large hadron collider? šŸ˜³

Latest Discussions