Eian

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wandering if I could get some help. I'm trying to track down my linage. My Sifu's Sifu's name is Adrian Sandoval. I know nothing about him except that he taught in CA. I would really like to know more about him. Thanks

Attachments

• JKDME 006.JPG
    JKDME 006.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 422
OP
Eian

Eian

White Belt
Reaction score
Can't you ask him?
No. I have not seen my Sifu since about 2004. It's a long story, but he is a difficult guy to get a hold of.

Milligan

White Belt
Reaction score
You had said your instructor's instructor was Abel Sandoval. I'm told that Steve Johnson was taught by Bruce Lee. Steve Johnson taught Abel Sandoval.
Abel Sandoval taught Bill and many others including myself. Abel has passed away many years ago.

OP
Eian

Eian

White Belt
Reaction score
You had said your instructor's instructor was Abel Sandoval. I'm told that Steve Johnson was taught by Bruce Lee. Steve Johnson taught Abel Sandoval.
Abel Sandoval taught Bill and many others including myself. Abel has passed away many years ago.
Dude, thank you so much. Is there any way I could talk to you? I would like to know more about his teaching methods. I have so many questions. Thanks. I can give you my e-mail and from there I could give you my number.

Yellowledbetter

White Belt
Reaction score
I just noticed this post. It saddens me to hear that Sifu Abel has passed away. I suspected this was likely the case given his age, but still sad to hear the confirmation of it. I studied under Abel Sandoval in Palmdale, CA for years. He was a role model of a man, and an extremely excellent martial artist. He shaped my life in many ways. My dad had taken me to a Bruce Lee film when I was 13 years old, and I was smitten with martial arts immediately. I learned all I could about Bruce Lee and Jeet Kune Do from books, and then later discovered that Abel had a studio in our very own (then) tiny town of Palmdale. We were poor, and could not afford lessons. My dad went and spoke with Abel privately about it, and Abel agreed to let my dad make him signage for the studio, as needed, in exchange for my lessons. Over the years, I only recall my dad making one or two signs for him, which hung in his studio into the early 90's. He literally instructed me for free, for years. The arts gave me the discipline and confidence to accomplish many things in life, and I made sure to go back and tell him so, which he appreciated very much.

Murfs66

White Belt
Reaction score
I too trained under Sifu Abel at the school in Palmdale for many many years. He was a great Sifu and cared for his students. I used to be an assistant instructor for the young students at his school in exchange for my tuition. I was the 18 year old dark hair kid with the pony tail "David". I have trained my children the art of Kung Fu and since have moved. I now live in Texas and found a wang chung instructor to further my skills. If you want any information on the way Abel taught , I would be more than happy to speak to you as well.

OP
Eian

Eian

White Belt
Reaction score
I too trained under Sifu Abel at the school in Palmdale for many many years. He was a great Sifu and cared for his students. I used to be an assistant instructor for the young students at his school in exchange for my tuition. I was the 18 year old dark hair kid with the pony tail "David". I have trained my children the art of Kung Fu and since have moved. I now live in Texas and found a wang chung instructor to further my skills. If you want any information on the way Abel taught , I would be more than happy to speak to you as well.
Yes please! Contact me though my e-mail [email protected]. Thank you so much

Pj coirojr

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wandering if I could get some help. I'm trying to track down my linage. My Sifu's Sifu's name is Adrian Sandoval. I know nothing about him except that he taught in CA. I would really like to know more about him. Thanks
My name is Peter coiro I lived in Palmdale California and I took John Rosas Jr taekwondo as a 12-year-old then from 13 to 14 I was taught Jeep Koon Do by my Sifu Mr. Billy Wall. This was the dojo of Master sifu able Sandoval senior on Palmdale boulevard right near the Palmdale library. I was extremely lucky because I was the only student in Sifu Billy Wall's class. Sifu able Sandoval senior would finish up with his class where Billy wall was a student and then I would usually show up and everyone would leave and it would be just me Mr Sandoval and Billy until I learned how to jump and evade sweeps I was set on my pockets many times. Also as the stretching in the beginning of the class what's happening Mr Sandoval was demonstrating on me his knowledge of pressure points by making half of my body go numb with a mere touch of my back in certain spots the man was amazing I'm pretty sure I was taught many things that I was not supposed to be taught mainly because I was the only person in the class and Mr Sandoval hung around to see Billy teach his very first student I think Donald Brock was also in the class with Billy under Sifu Abel Sandoval. I could be wrong but as far as I know my lineage is Sifu grand master Ip Man taught Bruce Lee. Legendary Sifu Master Mr. Bruce Lee taught Danny Inosanto. Sifu Danny Inosanto taught Abel Sandoval. Sifu Abel Sandoval taught Billy wall. Sifu Billy wall taught me. I don't lose any fights I don't start. I usually lose the fights I do start. I don't start fights anymore for many years. I avoid confrontation and don't try to be right I just be still and know. The best way to stop the fist is to avoid the fight. Thanks Billy! I did learn a lot and implement it in my life. The warrior prays for peace. Hope this helps. Oh when I was 10 years old my father took me to Hollywood to the Bruce Lee museum curated by his friend Richard Vincent in the museum there were TVs playing bits of Bruce Lee's movies one of which was the nunchuck scene in game of death when I went home I made my first pair of nunchucks soon after I woke up next to those nunchucks having knocked myself out since then I've been pretty much self-taught and still to this day can do them in exercise fashion blindfolded it's something I've never forgot some things you just fall in love with and have a passion for people never expect that I can do what I do with them I've never once gotten to a fight with them either and never will it's strictly exercise.

Latest Discussions