Well Done That Woman

Its possibly beneficial they were Drunk, though.

If they were in a Fit of Anger, it may have ended a bit Poorly.

Still, Good Courage.

She has been a saving angel and her intervention has worked. I think there is no doubting her braveness and I am truly glad that the notion of her braveness was not usurped by the notion of her rashness had she been stabbed or killed (I know two Police officers were knifed in the town only there recently). Though I am not aware of the circumstances of the attack, this lady is no less of a heroine to the attack victim. I hope there are no reprisals.

She has been a saving angel and her intervention has worked. I think there is no doubting her braveness and I am truly glad that the notion of her braveness was not usurped by the notion of her rashness had she been stabbed or killed (I know two Police officers were knifed in the town only there recently). Though I am not aware of the circumstances of the attack, this lady is no less of a heroine to the attack victim. I hope there are no reprisals.

And this is the Risk, really. In any Situation like this.

If those Men were more Clear Headed, She couldve been Hurt. That didnt Happen.
If those Men have Friends, who dont take to this too Kindly, their could be Problems.
Hopefully not, though.

I laud every genuine altruistic good samaritan. However, not all of us have the faith of The Good Samaritan to know we will not be endangered when we intervene in an incident like this. So whilst I laud this kind of undoubtedly brave action, I would never recommend it.

I do not know how I would react here. For a stranger I do not know personally, I think risk assessment would encourage me to call Police and shout or scream and attract more attention rather to directly engage. It is difficult to say what happens. I am sure this lady did not rationalise her action. Which is certainly fortunate for the victim. That is could have ended badly for everyone did not deter her. Something primal in her. In all of us perhaps?

Great story of courage in the face of atrocity. Most have this courage within them, but few demonstrate it without thought of self..........
Good for her, indeed.

Boldly run whee angels dare not tread.

I suppose rational thinking stands in the way of heroism....
Well done, Lady. :)

(It's pretty bad when you can get beat down like that in broad daylight and hardly a soul takes a second look at it...)

Latest Discussions

Back