The "Safest" States in the United States

Many of which have smaller and more dispersed populations. Cities and close quarters come with more crime....always have.

I should probably have made it clear from the get go that they are basing "Safest" on having declared the fewest natural disasters since 1953, It has nothing to do with crime rate

They are also saying

According to a recent article from Slate, the countries of Estonia, Qatar, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, and Andorra may be the least likely to suffer a natural disaster. The data comes from the Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters.

However if there is ever a Tsunami from La Palma, Canary Islands, and there will be one from there sooner or later, some of those safest states... will be underwater

Well that makes more sense. I was going to dig into just how DC could manage to be rated "safe" in regards to crime.

Well that makes more sense. I was going to dig into just how DC could manage to be rated "safe" in regards to crime.

I was thinking along the lines of DC's position between rivers, and proximity to the bays and the ocean.

True... Most if not all of DC's disasters have been man-made.

Quite a few of them have, in fact, been particular men.

Latest Discussions

Back