The Last Samurai

M

MisterMike

Anyone seen the trailer? It's coming out Dec 5th I think. Even though it's coming from Hollywood, I've got my fingers crossed. Anyone else?

I just saw it tonite on TV. Looks pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how Tom Cruise does in this role.

MartialArtsChic

Yes. Hopefully Cruise does a good job here. From what I have seen from the photo stills out there, the costuming and set design are quite nice. I can't vouch for their historical accuracy yet, but they definitely look cool. I'm going to go just for that eye candy, if anything. Oh yes - and that movie theater popcorn ;)

:popcorn:

Check out this site for some photo stills:

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Action/The_Last_Samurai

And you are right - the release date definitely is December 5th. That's on the site as well.

BTW, Cruise's co-star is on the cover of Black Belt this month.

And it appears Mr. Cruise has made the cover of Inside Kung-Fu as well. If anything, the movie seems to be getting its fair share of press, especially in the MA community.

Me either. Evidently it will also run at 9:00 pm and midnight on the 4th, and 5:00 pm on the 7th. I'll see if I can catch it then.

I enjoyed this movie alot.. the storyline moved well and it was pretty accurate historically, Tom Cruise certainly has grown as an actor and he pulled it off very well in my opinion. I'm not one to get emotional but I had a few tears at the end..

It's definitely one to join our DVD collection when it's released~!

Originally posted by KenpoTess
I enjoyed this movie alot.. the storyline moved well and it was pretty accurate historically, Tom Cruise certainly has grown as an actor and he pulled it off very well in my opinion. I'm not one to get emotional but I had a few tears at the end..

It's definitely one to join our DVD collection when it's released~!

Cool. That's one of many good reviews I've heard. I've heard no negative reviews at all. :)

I saw Tom on Tv talking about the time and effort it took to "Master the martial arts" and how it took him a full 8 months to be able to learn to fight.

Dunno about you all, but I must be going to the wrong school if all it takes is 8 months to become a "Master"

Heh heh. Silly actors.

Back