Recipes....

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok...
I am really starting to miss a few comforts from home...Cap'n Crunch,Krispy Kreme donuts,REAL peanut butter...even white castle!

But what would like to ask is,
Can anybody give me a good recipe for:
GUMBO ( any and all,chicken, crawdad, shrimp..well...maybe not crawdad.They have no idea what a crawdad is and would probably be freaked a little)

And a good CHILI!

My God,these people think you can cook chili out of a can and have it ready in 20 minutes! Heathens I tell you....HEATHENS!

Thanks y'all!

Damien

Classic Creole Gumbo

3/4 cup bacon fat
3/4 cup flour
2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped okra
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, mashed
8 cups chicken or beef stock
1 can (8 oz) tomato paste
2 teaspoons Maison Louisianne Creole Spices
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt
4 beef bouillon cubes
2-3 quarts cooked chicken or turkey, in chunks, and or raw peeled shrimp
Tobasco to taste (optional)

Melt bacon fat. Add flour, and stir constantly over medium heat until dark brown, taking care not to burn. This takes 30 minutes. If mixture smells liked burned bacon, throw away and begin again. Lower heat and add okra, green pepper, celery, onions, and garlic. sauté until onions are soft. Add stock, tomato paste, seasonings, and bouillon cubes. Correct seasonings. Simmer for 2 hours. Add chicken, turkey, and or shrimp 15 minutes before serving. Add Tobasco to taste. Freezes well.

Yields 5-6 quarts.

Check out foodnetwork.com for a bunch of great recipes. I've been experimenting with some of the recipes on the site. I tried one of the salmon recipes for my girlfriends birthday back in January and she's still talking about it in April.

Bammx2 said:
Ok...
I am really starting to miss a few comforts from home...Cap'n Crunch,Krispy Kreme donuts,REAL peanut butter...even white castle!
A nation without Slyders? What are they, barbarians?

My God,these people think you can cook chili out of a can and have it ready in 20 minutes! Heathens I tell you....HEATHENS!
Face it, dude. You're in Hell. My condolences and a link.

link.[/url]
you're right...I am in hell!
These peolpe think pork n' beans is a breakfast food!
and you should see what they consider to be pancakes,not to ment tion they mainly eat then on an ANUAL basis(yes,there some "special" day for them)
and they ONLY put lemon juice and sugar on them......ACK!

But thaks very much to all you for these!!! I can have decent food once again!!!!

Bammx2 said:
and you should see what they consider to be pancakes,not to ment tion they mainly eat then on an ANUAL basis(yes,there some "special" day for them)
and they ONLY put lemon juice and sugar on them......ACK!
Hey, if I had to put lemon juice and sugar on pancakes, I wouldn't eat them that often :).

theletch1 said:
Classic Creole Gumbo

3/4 cup bacon fat
3/4 cup flour
2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped okra
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, mashed
8 cups chicken or beef stock
1 can (8 oz) tomato paste
2 teaspoons Maison Louisianne Creole Spices
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt
4 beef bouillon cubes
2-3 quarts cooked chicken or turkey, in chunks, and or raw peeled shrimp
Tobasco to taste (optional)

Melt bacon fat. Add flour, and stir constantly over medium heat until dark brown, taking care not to burn. This takes 30 minutes. If mixture smells liked burned bacon, throw away and begin again. Lower heat and add okra, green pepper, celery, onions, and garlic. sauté until onions are soft. Add stock, tomato paste, seasonings, and bouillon cubes. Correct seasonings. Simmer for 2 hours. Add chicken, turkey, and or shrimp 15 minutes before serving. Add Tobasco to taste. Freezes well.

Yields 5-6 quarts.

Check out foodnetwork.com for a bunch of great recipes. I've been experimenting with some of the recipes on the site. I tried one of the salmon recipes for my girlfriends birthday back in January and she's still talking about it in April.

Oh lord...
I just realised something,

english bacon tastes NOTHIN like the bacon back home.
I will prevail!!!

Bammx2 said:
Ok...
Krispy Kremes in the UK
Not sure how close you are to any of those places, but it's a start. There's also franchising information there to start your own! :)

White Castles you can get frozen, so we can check into shipping you some in dry ice or something. ;)

OUMoose said:
Krispy Kremes in the UK
Not sure how close you are to any of those places, but it's a start. There's also franchising information there to start your own! :)

White Castles you can get frozen, so we can check into shipping you some in dry ice or something. ;)
well...I have to go thru one those train stations to go to wales on saturday....
I'll be brave and see what happens......:erg:

white castles ships?!?!
nuh-uh!!
How do I find out about that?!

Latest Discussions

Back