Product Warning Labels

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On a bar of Dial soap:
Directions: Use like regular soap.

On Teco's Tiramisu dessert:
Do not turn upside down. (Printed on the bottom of the box.)

On Swedish chain saw:
Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands.

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
Product will be hot after heating.

On a string of Chinese-made Christmas lights:
For indoor or outdoor use only.

On some Swanson frozen dinners:
Serving suggestion: Defrost.

On a hotel-provided shower cap in a box:
Fits one head.

On a bag of Fritos:
You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.

On Boot's Children's Cough Medicine:
Do not drive car or operate machinery.

Add your own~!!

On an Iced Coffee from Caribou Coffee:

CAUTION: All our Coffee's are Hot!

Technopunk said:
On an Iced Coffee from Caribou Coffee:

CAUTION: All our Coffee's are Hot!
Maybe they meant the other "hot"

A lot of times I don't pay attention to what I'm doing at work and it's really busy.....so I usually just stick on all the auxillary labels that come on the computer printout for the drug. Well........sometimes I notice myself putting the "Do not drink alcohol" label on prescriptions for kids or the "Do not use while breastfeeding" label on prescriptions for men or kids. Oh well....

That chainsaw warning really reads:" Do not attempt to stop chain with hands or genitals"

edhead2000 said:
A lot of times I don't pay attention to what I'm doing at work and it's really busy.....so I usually just stick on all the auxillary labels that come on the computer printout for the drug. Well........sometimes I notice myself putting the "Do not drink alcohol" label on prescriptions for kids or the "Do not use while breastfeeding" label on prescriptions for men or kids. Oh well....
Having the warnings on teh meds is nto a bad thing for those that keep meds around and others take other peoples meds :(. This way they were warned ;)

edhead2000 said:

A friend got a hold of a few pharmacy stickers that said "for genital use only" and "for anal use only". Needless to say we had some fun with those.

The best one of these I ever saw was a packet of American Airlines nuts:

"directions: open packet, eat nuts."

Priceless!

Ian.

If you look at the wrapper on a Hershey's Cookies and Cream bar there are instructions on how to open the package on one end.

I think if you can't figure out how to open a chocolate bar without instructions, you don't deserve to eat it. :p

Rich Parsons said:
Having the warnings on teh meds is nto a bad thing for those that keep meds around and others take other peoples meds :(. This way they were warned ;)
This is actually a major debate within the pharmacy community at the moment. At our last meeting in D.C. we spent a few hours debating the pros and cons of either sticking all the stickers on the bottle/package/jar, etc or sticking only the ones that apply. I see both sides of the issue and I'm sure the debate will continue at the annual meeting in Seattle in a few weeks.

OULobo said:
A friend got a hold of a few pharmacy stickers that said "for genital use only" and "for anal use only". Needless to say we had some fun with those.
Yeah, some of those stickers are quite humorous.......ah, the fun.

On the back of a fan belt for my '92 chevy van.... make sure engine is not running before attempting to change belts.

On a helmet mounted mirror used by US cyclists -REMEMBER, OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE ACTUALLY BEHIND YOU.

On a New Zealand insect spray -THIS PRODUCT NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS.

Warning on silly putty container: WARNING: Do not use as earplugs.

Warning in a T.V. manual: Do not pour liquids into your television set.

Label on a hammer: Caution - Do not use this hammer to strike any solid object

On VCR box: Instructional video on hooking up VCR included

On a cardboard windshield sun shade:
"Warning: Do Not Drive With Sun Shield in Place."

On a string of Chinese-made Christmas lights:
For indoor or outdoor use only.

On a Magic 8 Ball:
Not advised for use as a home pregnancy test.

On a fax machine:
WARNING! Never attempt to directly fax anyone an image of
your naked buttocks. Always photocopy your buttocks and fax
the photocopy.

On children's alphabet blocks:
Letters may be used to construct words, phrases and
sentences that may be deemed offensive.

On a roll of Life Savers:
Not for use as a flotation device.

On a packet of Sunmaid raisins -
Why Not Try Tossing Over Your Favorite Breakfast Cereal?

On a refrigerator:
Refrigerate after opening.

OOPS... The actual warning on the Iced Caribou Coffee was:

Caution: Caribou Coffee is ALWAYS hot Please be careful.

OULobo said:
LOL!! I need to get some of those! I saw a vehicle today that had some bullet hole stickers on it that looked reasonably real,I'd like to get some of those to use for someone I might have a beef with someday.

Back