Okaaaay

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try this. Go to google maps and click the "get directions" button. Then get directions from New York to London. Look at step #23.

Oh.
My.
Gawd.

Do they NOT know what an airport is? Those are those nifty buildings where you can get on a giant metal bird (i.e. an airplane), to go to another part of the country, or a completely different country, altogether!

I apologize for the sarcasm. My bad.

The real problem with these directions is not the swimming part, folks. It's the fact that presumably, you don't swim in your car, right? But when you finally fetch up on French soil some months later, your next set of directions clearly presupposes you're still driving. You take a bunch of exits, you merge...

Apparently they've forgotten that you emerged somewhere in Normandy dripping wet, hypothermic with cold, and probably need to get to a hospital ER asap. So how come you're suddenly back in a car again, merrily driving towards Calais?? ??? ?????? ....

estimated time 29 days :lol2:

There was another similar thread recently, with a route from New York to Dublin. I suggest a wetsuit!

Try this. Go to google maps and click the "get directions" button. Then get directions from New York to London. Look at step #23.

Why does the map insructions take you through France? That is the part that confuses me the most. ;)

Why does the map insructions take you through France? That is the part that confuses me the most. ;)

I presume it's because of the car rental place located on the beach near Cherbourg. After you get out of the water you just trot up to the counter, sign the papers, get your keys and you're good to go. Most of their business comes from people who follow the Google map instructions—they do a roaring trade in July and August, apparently. If you swim directly to Britain, you're out of luck: all the car rental places are inland.

See?

:D :D :D

I suspect it's not a mistake or someone being stupid. I believe it's just a programmer having some fun, as in "what should I have the map program do if someone asks this silly question?".

I suspect it's not a mistake or someone being stupid. I believe it's just a programmer having some fun, as in "what should I have the map program do if someone asks this silly question?".

Either that, or the programmer has a sideline working as a `consultant' to the Cherbourg beach car-rental place... :wink1:

Oooo... this has been fun :)

Care about the destination of your soul? Try finding the directions from "hhell" to "heaven". It takes less than 5 hours! LOL!

Ok. So, I typed in where I north- Ma... Why can't I just go to Baltimore and dive in from there?

Latest Discussions

Back