Marry an American!

Well now I can look for one of them Canadaan women. Wait is a Canadain a Yankee.
Wait I ain't leavin th south.

Ha ha!! Now THAT is funny!! I will definitely pass it along to my Canadian hubby- who has already married his American........but it was 5 years ago.....and not for this reason!!

:)

Sarah said:
Id marry an American........anyone wanna come over to NZ??
I like NZ. They have Hobbitses there...nice Hobbitses....a little salt, pinch of pepper and once you get em shaves theys Good Eats! :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better look hard, those little buggers are hard to find!

Kaith Rustaz said:
I like NZ. They have Hobbitses there...nice Hobbitses....a little salt, pinch of pepper and once you get em shaves theys Good Eats! :D

Seriously, I think I just read something about discovering a new (Well, OK, 30,000 year-old) fossilized species called homo something new that was about three feet tall and they are calling them hobbits. I can't remember where they found them or in what paper I read about it, but I just read it the other day, so it's probably new news.

They probably wouldn't have gone extinct if their women were more like Sarah. ;)

What more than 3feet tall......:rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=570&u=/nm/20041027/sc_nm/science_hominid_dc_1&printer=1

Xequat said:
Seriously, I think I just read something about discovering a new (Well, OK, 30,000 year-old) fossilized species called homo something new that was about three feet tall and they are calling them hobbits. I can't remember where they found them or in what paper I read about it, but I just read it the other day, so it's probably new news.

They probably wouldn't have gone extinct if their women were more like Sarah. ;)

Sarah,

If I can convince my brother to ditch his girlfriend, I'll send him over. He's liberal, has a good sense of humor, and is good looking.

I'll do this provided:

1. You arrange political asylum for me and my wife.

2. You organize a refugee effort to help me get at-risk liberals out of America and into New Zealand.

3. You promise me--cross your heart and hope to die promise--that there are no Republicans in New Zealand and that you will not let Democrats (read "Dixiecrats") like Zell Miller come within a hundred miles of your shore.

4. I get to meet Peter Jackson.

Regards,

Steve

Well I cant promise anything, but you should come over anyway. Then you can go and meet Peter Jackson! :ultracool

hardheadjarhead said:
Sarah,

If I can convince my brother to ditch his girlfriend, I'll send him over. He's liberal, has a good sense of humor, and is good looking.

I'll do this provided:

1. You arrange political asylum for me and my wife.

2. You organize a refugee effort to help me get at-risk liberals out of America and into New Zealand.

3. You promise me--cross your heart and hope to die promise--that there are no Republicans in New Zealand and that you will not let Democrats (read "Dixiecrats") like Zell Miller come within a hundred miles of your shore.

4. I get to meet Peter Jackson.

Regards,

Steve

That link is terriffic! I laughed and laughed. Kudos to PM for supplying us with it.

I'm not expecting a mass exodus to Canada following these results. But I welcome any "bleeding heart liberals" to join us here in Canada. We've got our own problems, sure -- but we are a lot more socially liberal (on average, and in our laws).

Sorry, I like Canada, but, I seek warmth, and long growing seasons, and lots of land.
Y'all only have 1 of the 2, and I don't speak eskimo. (Though I've heard the fishing around Thunder Bay is awsome!)

I just need to figure out how to emigrate to NZ...oh, and fund it as well. :D

You may find this article interesting:
Some Americans are willing to do anything to avoid another four years of George W. Bush -- even move to Canada.

Joe Auerbach is so disappointed with Mr. Bush's election victory that he is planning to give up a job as a systems analyst and leave his comfortable life in Columbus, Ohio, to move to a country with "a better government and more reasonable people."

"Today, once the Bush victory was clear, my e-mail was burning up with people vowing to leave the U.S. for Canada," said Mr. Auerbach, 27.

"I don't want to be living in the U.S. when China decides we are a threat and when George Bush starts drafting computer engineers into the army. I'm morally opposed to the Bush administration."

He and several other disenchanted Americans are contacting immigration lawyers north of the border to see whether they qualify to immigrate to Canada. It is too soon to say whether this is political hot air or the start of a new trend in immigration.

But among some middle-class, liberal Americans, there is a growing sense of political disengagement as they realize the majority of their fellow citizens support the conservative agenda of Mr. Bush, who received 51 per cent of the popular vote, winning more votes than any other president in U.S. history.

"Mr. Auerbach is one of many middle-class Americans who have a philosophical difference with the direction the U.S. is taking," said Sergio Karas, a Toronto immigration lawyer. "I have received several inquiries from people like him who want to move here."

Hey who's gonna teach ME inuit? (They're not called eskimo anymore).

Back