Literature Map--- This is very cool

It is passing strange that I tried Mary Shelley in the search engine and got back that Tesla, Fuller, Feynman and Einstein were all in the closest 'matches' to the author of Frankenstein :confused:

It is passing strange that I tried Mary Shelley in the search engine and got back that Tesla, Fuller, Feynman and Einstein were all in the closest 'matches' to the author of Frankenstein :confused:
Feynman would have tried it, if he had thought it was funny.

I like it. Yes, there are some matches that don't make sense, and some that are less obvious (Tom Clancy readers like Robert Jordan - yes, I'll agree.)

Rita Mae Brown....
Somewhere on the fringes were Frank Zappa and Elke Heidenreich.....

(type in Eoin Colfer! LOL)

It is odd that a 'science fiction' author should group close to actual science authors? Also, Shelley's work includes a series of biographies of scientists and philosophers.

Also -- the map doesn't seem to be by similar content, but based on what people have said they like. So, if a whole bunch of us were to tell it we like Julia Quinn (a best selling romance author), Douglas Adams, and Greg Bear... they'd be matched up. (And I tried to make as dissimilar a mix as I could...)

Also -- the map doesn't seem to be by similar content, but based on what people have said they like. So, if a whole bunch of us were to tell it we like Julia Quinn (a best selling romance author), Douglas Adams, and Greg Bear... they'd be matched up. (And I tried to make as dissimilar a mix as I could...)

Sooo, how many of Mrs Quinn's works grace your bookshelf?

:D

I found it funny that 'Eoin Colfer' and 'Eion Colfer' were not closer together on the map. :lol:

Back