Is this a black belt test??

i would imagine that the bumper landing on him hurt more than the tire

still I do not care to try it at my age

Well it's nice to know who the leading moron is for this stunt.

What is or was the point of it? Risking serious internal injury to prove... what?

Just showbiz. It's a little bit Harry Houdini, and partly Jack Lalane birthday celebration.

1976 (age 62): To commemorate the "Spirit of '76", United States Bicentennial, Jack swam one mile in Long Beach Harbor. He was handcuffed and shackled, and he towed 13 boats (representing the 13 original colonies) containing 76 people.
1979 (age 65): Jack towed 65 boats in Lake Ashinoko, near Tokyo, Japan. He was handcuffed and shackled, and the boats were filled with 6,500 pounds of Louisiana Pacific wood pulp.
1980 (age 66): Jack towed 10 boats in North Miami, Florida. The boats carried 77 people, and he towed them for over one mile in less than one hour.
1984 (age 70): Once again handcuffed and shackled, Jack fought strong winds and currents as he swam 1.5 miles while towing 70 boats with 70 people from the Queen's Way Bridge in the Long Beach Harbor to the Queen Mary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Lalanne#Timeline:_Jack_LaLanne.27s_feats

As long as he's not expecting others to take the same risk, all power to him. I watched the *Shaolin Monks* do the same stunt. Problem was they couldn't get the vehicle they wanted into the hall where they were performing and had to switch to another one -- they looked pretty nervous as they were examining the undercarriage. When they finally did the stunt, the poor man spun out after the real wheel rolled over him. Reminded me of playing with a wooden spool.

Personally, I'm going to start small.

toyota_ireal.jpg

Then maybe...

smart-fortwo.jpg

Until I'm ready for the real test

tumbler1.jpg

Back