For Technopunk and other Bike Riders

Love it!! wish they ran that all over the US. I have at least one person a year pull out in front of me. Sometimes real close, sometimes with enough room to just get your heart going good.

Glad that when I started riding my father who has ridden his whole life, told me that in order to ride a Bike, you have to be driving every car you meet on the road because they simply don't look for you. Not that I ride parinoid (well ok just a bit) but at every intersection with a vehicle stopped at it, I can tell you if the other lane, or the sidewalk is clear and a good alternative if it pulls out. Only has failed me twice; once in a parking lot when a green Impala came around a van (going over the hood face first the only thought was "Hummm, the car is green" funny how that works.), second time a guy pulling a boat looked right at me, smiled and pulled out anyway, group of kids on the sidewalk so I ended up eating fiberglass from the boat. Both were under 30 MPH so I got lucky. By the way I have been riding on the road for the last 26 years so 2 for 26 isn't THAT bad.

Yeah no doubt.

With the increasing popularity of bikes now, they SHOULD run things like this here.

Thanks Caver.

Well this coming April will mark a 10th anniversary of a close friend of mine/caving buddy that was killed when a pick up truck t-boned HIM as he was pulling out of a parking lot. He had just finished his last Final exam at the university he'd been attending and was on his way home to see his wife and baby girl to celebrate.

He loved his bike.

Seeing that vid.. well made me think about him and how he'd still be alive and caving/acting/loving his family/etc. etc. etc. if the driver of the truck was simply looking.

Back