Favorite Spectator combat sports?

Mine is San Shou, nice dynamic of full contact fighting and big takedowns.

I also like submission wrestling (no strikes) either gi or no gi.

My least favorite is Olympic style TKD.

I like MMA as much as the next guy, but my favorites are still Muay Thai, American Full Contact (ISKA, PKA style bouts) and the new World Combat League (a bit biased on that one, my former longtime instructor coaches the NEw England Strikers).

I used to compete in point fighting NASKA/NBL but it doesn't seem to work to well as a spectator sport.

I love Olympic style wrestling and also San Shou. ISKA is alittle boring to me, Boxing if it is a brawl as well.

I'm actually really enjoying World Combat League. On the amateur level, I like Lei Tai rules. One point for an arm or leg strike, two points if you throw your opponent and don't go down with him, three points if you send him off the Lei Tai.

Judo or Sumo. Easy to follow the action, and the wins are generally clear and decisive.

Western fencing is neat, but sometimes too fast to easily follow!

I mostly enjoy MMA or kickboxing, although San Shou is pretty cool too!!

I would have to say that MMA, Judo, and kendo round out my top three.

MMA has definately brought alot of excitement to the party - I do no enjoy this.

Like K-1 too.

I loved doing points sparring but today watching it is poor - just making contact these days without proper technique score - it looks like its become a game of tag now.

I love boxing too probably my fav!

For those on the forum that have come to know me, the answer is obvious. Sword and other weapons combat. Both tournament and melee. In particular the shieldless forms.

Kevin

MMA is great. I enjoy the sport a lot, and the availability of it makes it accessible.

Competitive grappling of all kinds. BJJ/Sub wrestling, judo, wrestling, etc.

I also really get a kick out of sword arts. Kendo, fencing, etc. That's fun to watch.

MMA, BJJ, Muay Thai, Judo and Sumo. I haven't had a chance to watch Sanshou or any of the American comps.

MMA and Sumo. I used to live in Hawaii, it was on all the time.

Back