Air cars

The Scion... I honestly didn't think there would be an uglier car than that. I was wrong.
Look at it! Just... look at it. Can you honestly say you would feel SAFE in a little thing like that?
Can you imagine surviving being broadsided at an intersection in a thing like that?
Can you drive something like that and not be embarrassed getting in/out of it? My mind keeps quoting a line by Cheech Marin from that Cheech and Chong movie: "Nice car man, but you'd better take it back to the circus before they find out it's missing!"
Never mind the technology that propels the thing, which is probably a great thing though only limited to 35 mph which means it's only good for inter-city street driving. Which is still good I suppose as it'll limit the impact should the driver hit something. But if something hits it... well, be sure to have clean underwear on eh?
Yet it still runs on fossil fuels, when you need to go farther, faster. Still adding it's share to the pollution already there and growing. So imo it's no better than anything else out there on the road in that regard.
For 20 grand I can find something a lot safer and still more attractive even if it's used.

I'm sorry but I'm going to be trying very hard not to laugh every time I see one of these beside me at a stoplight.

Laughing with disgust.

They can do better... a lot better.

The expertise needed to build a compressed air car, or CAV, is not rocket science, either. Years-old, off-the-shelf technology uses compressed air to drive old-fashioned car engine pistons instead of combusting gas or diesel fuel to create a burst of air to do the same thing. Indian carmaker Tata has no qualms about the technology. It has already bought the rights to make the car for the huge Indian market.

Tata released the Nano earlier in the year, basically 4-5 seater for drives on a motor scooter budget. That car has attracted controversy over the possibility of further clogging India's roads and adding to pollution. It did get the attention of international automotive community when it was release.

tata-nano-car-interior-side.jpg

Wikipedia said:
In March 2008, it finalised a deal with Ford Motor Company to acquire their British Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) business, which also includes the Rover, Daimler and Lanchester brand names.[3][4][5] The purchase was completed on 2nd June 2008[6]

Check their website: http://www.tatamotors.com/

Mark my words: I believe Tata motors, already a huge player internationally, will make its presense known in North Americal before long.

I like it. Id have to do it up all Road-warrior style tho.

My question regarding Caver's saftey issue... will it follow US guidelines for things like Airbags, etc?

Latest Discussions

Back