Shame

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m very near Arcata/Eureka area. Stop through and say Hi. Maybe we can train.
Sounds like a plan. I have to go up north this month for my son’s college graduation. I hope to get out that way this fall.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If you could recommend one place to go, where would it be?
Depends on what you like. If you want a good meal, no better salmon in the country.

MoPop is awesome. Used to be called the Experience Music Project and is a really cool museum near Seattle center. Space needle is right there. They also host KEXP, which is an amazing radio station that has actual DJs, hosts live concerts and posts a bunch of them on YouTube. If you’re into a modern band, it’s likely they’ve done a live session on KEXP.

Pike Place Market is super cool. And while you’re downtown, take a few hours to take a ferry to Bainbridge Island. It’s beautiful, and Bainbridge Island is a nice place to putz around and have lunch.

If you like to hike or camp, it’s literally a wealth of options. The Olympic rainforest on the peninsula, Mt. Rainier national park or any number or state or national parks.

For me, I’m a fan of the music.

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you like. If you want a good meal, no better salmon in the country.

MoPop is awesome. Used to be called the Experience Music Project and is a really cool museum near Seattle center. Space needle is right there. They also host KEXP, which is an amazing radio station that has actual DJs, hosts live concerts and posts a bunch of them on YouTube. If you’re into a modern band, it’s likely they’ve done a live session on KEXP.

Pike Place Market is super cool. And while you’re downtown, take a few hours to take a ferry to Bainbridge Island. It’s beautiful, and Bainbridge Island is a nice place to putz around and have lunch.

If you like to hike or camp, it’s literally a wealth of options. The Olympic rainforest on the peninsula, Mt. Rainier national park or any number or state or national parks.

For me, I
I’ve hiked Mt. Ranier, but I would love to try others. Thank you for the recommendations!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They are touring, I hope to see them live once. I believe they are coming to your neighborhood.
they were in Seattle in November. Great show Those old guys still rock.

1715361300059.png

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems the residents of Kyoto, at least, don’t have too much of an issue with foreign tourists, other than some etiquette issues! In fact, they know how important tourists are to their city’s well-being.

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems the residents of Kyoto, at least, don’t have too much of an issue with foreign tourists, other than some etiquette issues! In fact, they know how important tourists are to their city’s well-being.
Good to know. Thanks for posting.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You have a very low threshold for commencing war.

If anyone used the prefix, ‘Grand Muff Tarka the Otter, King of Space, Slayer of large hairy beasts with masses of Sharp Pointy Teeth’ then I might slap them, once, for being pretentious, but war?

If anyone used that prefix I’d definitely get one of the T-shirts. It would rule.

Latest Discussions